Maryland Day 2018
You'll find it all at the University of Maryland's one-day open house featuring family-friendly and interactive events. Come explore our world of Fearless Ideas and see all that we do for our community, the state and the world. Maryland Day is packed with exciting events and exhibits in six “learning neighborhoods” spread across campus!
- Maryland Day is the University of Maryland’s largest community outreach event.
- Held annually on the last Saturday of April from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- UMD opens its doors and invites the community to enjoy a free, fun-filled day of learning, exploration, and discovery.
- Offers more than 400 festivities including hands-on demonstrations, exhibits, workshops, performances, cross-campus tours, lectures, petting zoos and athletic events.
- The event celebrates specific themes in its six neighborhoods: Ag Day Avenue, Arts & Design Place, Biz & Society Hill, Science & Tech Way, Sports & Rec Row, and Terp Town Center. Nearly 75,000 people attended Maryland Day 2017.
- Maryland Day is held across the University’s 1,250 acre College Park campus both indoors and outdoors.
- Attendees are current and prospective students, donors and alumni, faculty and staff, business and legislative leaders, families and friends, and residents of the Mid Atlantic Region.
- Maryland Day will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2018, rain or shine.
- The official hashtag for the event is #MarylandDay